brera loss of power - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 22-03-15 Thread Starter

County: Leicestershire

Member car:

brera 2.4 110

brera loss of power

This is driving me mad its been to dave in Leicester and he cannot get to the bottom of it but,
when cold I have full power then after about 5min the power drops off and you get a wining noise from around the foot well that you can hear in the car but not outside.
took it for a long run this weekend and noticed that the turbo shows 1.6 bar but I don't have any power until it hits 1.4 bar and then the noise sounds like its coming from the turbo. but if its left off for about 2min the sound goes and you need to do a few miles to get it
Its as if the turbo is giving the boost but its just short circuiting and the noise is the turbo working too hard to hit the 1.6 bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Sounds like the vnt system Have you been able to log any parameters on something like fiatecuscan? I have a copy if you want to pop over? I also have a spare MAP sensor and vacuum solenoid. Have you tried driving with the MAF unplugged. Are the swirl flaps leaking or operating correctly?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
brera , loss , power

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page