P10,P11 Eerror Codes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 13-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Central Macedonia
P10,P11 Eerror Codes

Hi all,
I know that there are alot of similar threads but i still have some questions about those error codes..
I keep getting these errors and i tried going to a new to me mechanic since i am , for the time being , far away from home..
he told me that those errors come from the two small sencor which are on the right as we look at the engine , the one on the inner side of the engine bay being the outlet , and also the two other "sensors" which have to do something with the oil on the left side of the engine...
He told me that i have to replace all of them to make everything work back to normal again..
What i get from the car is no loss of power, no smoke, but only the annoying warning error singnal on my dashboard every now and then...
Now i did some research and it said that p0010 "camshaft position (CMP) actuator,intake/left/front bank1 -circuit malfunction" and p0011"camshaft position (CMP)intake/left/front bank1 -timing over -advanced/system performance" have in common the CMP intake Actuator...
Which is that? how do i locate it? do i have to change, first of all, that and see how it goes?

Please if anyone can help for if i go by the word of that mechanic i have to ask for a loan , , since i am a stranger,
Thank you in advance.....
Alfa romeo 159 1.9 jts 2007model
Thessaloniki greece
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
You'd find these codes detailed using a Google search. Apparently can be to do with solenoids used as part of the camshaft control. Use ePER if you can to locate them on a diagram. Also a possible cause is a worn timing chain/tensioner.

There is a very good guide on the Alfa Workshop website on how to change the chain, they also do the solenoids. P0010 and P0011 codes are very common across a wide range of manufacturers and models. From what I have found there should be a resistance of between 8 to 12 ohms for the solenoids.

It could be something as simple as poor connections to the solenoids.

Last edited by armoore; 25-02-15 at 16:38.
AO Silver Member

Solenoids.

AO Silver Member

Picture from Alfa Workshop. You can see the two solenoids side by side, one is red the other grey. I have had parts from Alfa Workshop and they have been great.

(Post Link) post #5 of 11 Old 15-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

That last pic was very helpful... the red one is it the intake? (the reason why i ask it is that the program to check the error codes says intake camshaft positionactuator CMP) I have tried the eper and found the solinoids ... the thing is i thought it might be those to thinks on the other side of the engine (as u see the engine itself on the right.. the two small sencors with the two plugs going on them ...)
So i will try to mesure them and see what happens....
If i have a loose tensioner would i have any other sumptoms??

I really thank u for your answer and help!!!
AO Silver Member

Red one is intake. I had found the ePER diagram for you and that is in one of the posts. When you say on the right, is that looking at the engine from the front or from the driver's seat? Chain might rattle. Often people say the chain has stretched, it does not, it has so many moving parts in just one link that when all that wear in one is multiplied by the number of links it has become longer. The Young Modulus for the steel used in the chain is more than enough to cope with the forces involved in moving the camshafts without deforming 'plastically'. You could try the solenoids by themselves and see if the codes clear, if not then it does look as though you'd have to change the chain and all that goes with it.

The sensors you mention, can you locate them on ePER and post them?

Last edited by armoore; 15-02-15 at 10:28.
(Post Link) post #7 of 11 Old 15-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

well the small black thinks that i put the one in the place of the other are those that are on the right side under the red cover of the engine ass we look to the engine from the front of the car on the left r the solinoids that r shown in the diagram that u posted and on the right side r 2 black sencors i think with a cable going onto them... so far i have not hear any strange noise so i can't tell if there is a chain rattle... the codes after i erase them by the computer come on again , not often but the do came... (2 times since christmas so far) and usually they go away after they recycle, of couse they stay in the memory ...

for the time i have switched those to small sensor one in the place of the other, sencors which, they also seem to be one for the intake and the other for the outlet and i am waiting for the error to come on again and see what they are.... and i will also measure the resistance on the solinoid that u showed me and see how it goes.... ( Those sensors from i quick search i couldn't locate them on the eper but i will take a photo first thing when possible)

Thank u very much, really
I will let u know if i have any news...

Last edited by alfakombra; 15-02-15 at 15:07.
AO Silver Member

Ok. I think the sensors you mention on the right may be cam position sensors. If the chain has worn and/or the solenoids need attention the sensors will detect the cams are not in the correct position compared to the crankshaft position and throw up the error codes.
(Post Link) post #9 of 11 Old 15-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

so is there any posibility for those sensors, the smalls i mean, to be damaged and detect errors?
AO Silver Member

Possible rather than probable. You could do the easiest and cheapest first.
(Post Link) post #11 of 11 Old 16-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

ok i told u i swapped the small two first and now time given i will measure the solinoids, as you said for resistance, and wait for the next error code to come....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
codes , eerror , p10 , p11

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page