1.9JTD P0069 and P0235 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 02-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

alfa gt

1.9JTD P0069 and P0235

Hi, recently I have been getting P0069 and P0235 together. It only seems to happen when the engine is warmed up and I'm sat idling either at a long traffic light or pulled up. The car drives fine and the power seems the same. I have also had a P0101 which put the car into safe mode when accelerating onto the motor way but this only happened once in around a month. Also on these colder mornings we are having it can be a bit laboured to start some times. Cranking sounds fine but it can take like 4 or 5 seconds of cranking to start.

I have recently cleaned the map sensor after it started happening but it was pretty clean anyway. I'm looking to check the air box for debris or clogged filter today and also check the and clean the EGR. I have restricted the EGR with a reducer plate in the past.

I clear the codes every time and it doesn't come back unless I'm still idling, as soon as I'm moving it does.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas on what it could be and how I could test it?

Thanks
Kayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 5 Old 02-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa gt

Just had a look at fault codes when non showing on the dash and it had P0101 pending while I was driving.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 02-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa gt

bump
AO Member

County: Sachsen

Member car:

Delta III 1.9 TT

Hey i recently happen to have the same problems

I noticed the connector of the MAF-Sensor seems a little loose on my car. After i pulled over, stopped the engine .... pulled the plug and put it back together the car was running normal again (no safe mode).

However as the car has quite some miles on i think it could alsow be a sooted boost sensor...

Does anyone else have a clue?
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
that p0069 comes up with a google as a atmospheric vs boost fault suggesting at start map sensor is too far from atmospheric pressure ?
also the boost code 2035 is map sensor related also?
a quick scan of pressures at start might help or go straight to cleaning map sensor.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
19jtd , p0069 , p0235

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page