1.9jtdm flat performance? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 03-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
1.9jtdm flat performance?

hope some clever people can help?
Ive recently purchased my GT and trying to sort out a few issues. It kinda feels more like an N/a than a turbo diesel. This tends to get worse as the car warms up. It has a bit of a lumpy tickover and black smoke for approx. 2 mins on startup and also a bit of smoke on acceleration. The car was remapped in 2010. Pretty much full service history and has covered 90k. Since owning I have changed upper and lower hoses, changed vnt valve to turbo hose, cleaned EGR valve, few tanks with injector cleaner. Ive downloaded Multiecuscan and done a few runs with maf/boost/injection and hoped someone in the know could take a look and see if they could see any issues? (noticed injected amount drops to 0, guessing that's a software issue?)
inj boost 1.11.2014.txt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
fuel will go to zero every time you take your foot off accelerator especially when coasting, not when at idle.
those figures dont look too bad but as remapped it would be a guess to what they are supposed to be,boost looks higher than std maf looks ok compared to boost so.
do some full throttle foot to floor
check accel position actually goes to 100%(can do with just ignition on i think no need to be running)
repeat some test logs and log desired boost and actual boost and actual maf and vnt%.
desired rail pressure and actual rail pressure and rail pressure regulator % maybe.
and another with total fuel, actual boost actual maf, revs
as you only peak in the 60's where i would expect a mapped car to be pushing 77-85mg/i say 3000revs foot to floor 3rd gear.
possibly something going out of range and cutting fuel?
also although youve cleaned egr valve we see a lot who have done same and eventually blanked it to confirm, and found a big improvement so maybe a blank on egr would be next easiest thing.
(Post Link) post #3 of 12 Old 03-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for the advice I will try and get some more logs in this week. I tried unplugging egr as a test and it was a bit smoother. With egr plugged in I get a stutter at around 2700 then it picks up.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
In the 159'stickies there is a guide on diesel power loss, might be a useful starting point,

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
Club Member
Membro Premio

Made any progress with this ej2 ?
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
(Post Link) post #7 of 12 Old 06-12-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah sorry guys forgot to update. Gus mapped out egr and car is a different animal now!! Even though I cleaned/restricted and eventually unplugged the egr, the car drives better than ever. Just passed mot with no advisories aswell so looking forward to a few trouble free miles
AO Member

County: hampshire
How much does it cost to map out the egr?
Is it a job that will need doing if the car is used mainly for short journeys?
thanks
AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

alfa gt jtdm

its the best thing you can do for yourself and the car
AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce100 View Post
How much does it cost to map out the egr?
Is it a job that will need doing if the car is used mainly for short journeys?
thanks
Autolusso charge £150 for an EGR map. They'll map it out in the ECU, and fit a blanking plate on the system to make sure it's not gonna leak at all.

You can go along in person to get it done, or send off your ECU in the post and they'll post it back with a blanking plate for you to fit yourself!

I've been meaning to do it myself but just haven't had the chance either to get over to them or spare the time for my ECU to be out of the car!
(Post Link) post #11 of 12 Old 18-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

I went with Gus at alfatune. The car was already fully remapped by himself minus the egr delete (original owner wanted this left on)previous to me owning the car. Because of this I didn't want anyone messing with the map he had already installed. Price wise you would have to speak to Gus but its really a question of what you want. Autolusso etc will de egr and you will see a minor upgrade in performance because of it. Gus has developed custom maps which will yield a lot better performance/fuel economy and general drivability.
Overall, I feel the mapping Gus has done on mine is perfect, makes a good amount of useable power and delivery is excellent. This is with an ave of 51.6mpg over last 2 months.
AO Member

County: hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Autolusso charge £150 for an EGR map. They'll map it out in the ECU, and fit a blanking plate on the system to make sure it's not gonna leak at all.

You can go along in person to get it done, or send off your ECU in the post and they'll post it back with a blanking plate for you to fit yourself!

I've been meaning to do it myself but just haven't had the chance either to get over to them or spare the time for my ECU to be out of the car!

Cheers for reply
Egr plated and deleted, definite difference in low end grunt well worth the £150

Last edited by Bruce100; 05-03-15 at 21:33. Reason: Egr deleted

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
19jtdm , flat , performance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page