V6 belt tensioner... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Chris Hughes

V6 belt tensioner...

Hi all!
My engine suddenly got rattly one night,and I mean REALLY rattly,and upon inspection, found that one of my belt tensioner wheels ( the belt furthest from the engine?)had lost it`s bearings and the outer race was just loose in the position being held purely by the belt and the fact that it can`t get out from where it is!
Anyways, what I would like to know, is the part number for a new one, so I can order one.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated, as although it will still drive, it`s not the same knowing that I can`t really thrash her to within an inch of her life
P.S. only kidding, I wouldn`t dare hurt my baby wink

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jimybob

hello chris..im finding it hard to see which one you mean.do you mean t/belt or aux/belt is it the one with the tensioner on for the aux/belt.????????

Chris Hughes

I think it`s the Aux belt. From the crankshaft, the belt goes forward. It is also the outermost belt. I`d take pictures of it, but my camera is knackered, ah well they say these things come in three`s......

Chrisian

Sounds like it is going to the power steering pump. Have you tried turning the wheel with the engine running?
The inner aux belt goes to the water pump and the alternater.

Ian.

Chris Hughes

YES! thats the one! part number of the tensioner wheel anyone?

jimybob

chris send me your email and i will send you a copy from the parts c.d for you to look at.your chassis number will identify the correct one..do you have air-con.?????

Chris Hughes

jimybob, my chassis number is ZAR16700001024261, does that help?
Out of the 2 auxillary belts on my engine, 1 goes rearward, and the other goes forward. It is the one that goes forward.

jimybob

chris i just cant get your email address to work. frown

Chris Hughes

send me yours, and I`ll mail you. You can the reply.

Chris Hughes

OK, I`ve identified what it is I need a number for now.
It`s the "air conditioning compressor drivebelt tensioner" I need the P/N for the tensioner wheel, and a new belt!
If anyone`s got the manuals, there`s a piccie of it on page 00-58, bottom right, with a big arrow pointing at it!

Static Cat

hi guys JB here.

chris the number you need is 60570850.

Chris Hughes

Cheers jimybob!, sorry to here of your pc probs....
I regularly tinker with mine, (I built my own system)and often find it evolving with newer and better bits!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
belt , tensioner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page