cambelt service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

jacques

cambelt service

Hallo alfisti,

I would like to do the cambelt service om my 2L 16v soon.
I would like to know it it is neccessary to replace all the pulleys as well.
My car has 74000 k/m now. (It had a new cambelt & tensioner fitted at 50000 k/m, but I don't think is has got the new white tensioner.)
I heard from someone the teeth on the bottom pulley wears into sharp edges causing damage to the belt. As I rev the car regularly to 7000 rpm I don't want to take any chances.

Any advice and experience would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Thomas G

Unless you wanna take chances,change it all.Maybe it shoulden't be nesacery,but that black tensioner is a motherf.....! ! !And when it's deattached,it is tempting to change the hole lot.Maybe someone has another opinion,but I know I would do it.

AO Member

Member car:

155 TS 2.0 16 V.

YES JACQUES I HAVE THE SAME OPINION THAT THOMAS, CHANGE IT ALL AND SOON IF YOU DON´T WANT A GREAT HEADACHE AND BILL
CHEERS
JORGE
jacques

Thanks for the replies.

Are ALL the pulleys wearing to a dangerous point? The two on the cams seem basically unworn to my (untrained) eyes. Are the pulleys replaced on the V6 as well with the cambelt service?
A good friend of mine drives a GTV 6 2.5 and his pulleys has got much more than 74000 km on. (The car has over 250000 k/m.)

I would prefer not to waste money replacing unworn parts, but on the other hand I don't want a wasted engine.

The reason I am is asking is that, here is South-Africa not all the agents replace the pulleys with this service. In fact only one or two that I know off.

Off course, to be really sure I guess I will just have to pay up!!

elp

Hi
No, usely only the tension pullies ar worn.
Check the the wheels on the cranck and cams, though. If your car have had the belts changed ealíer the pullies can have been changed to a new type, they are white, and should have a longer service life, so check that and if they are not worn keep them.
Have your cam variator checked - if the engine sounds like an old diesen it's gone.
Erik

jason77

for a picture of the pulley checkout
www.alfa155.co.uk > tech stuff and click on the picture.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
cambelt , service

« - | Broken cambelt!!! »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page