VISA E - Hose Clamps - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 22-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
VISA E - Hose Clamps

Just after other peoples experience and recommendation for viable altenatives as regards their replacement .

I am aware that VISA E clamps can still be bought from france but has anyone got any ideas for replacements that can be easily bought in UK ....please no jubilee as i like the clean lines look of the originals and a viable alternative needs to be elasticated as it needs to be able to cope with severe application and dramatic rise and fall in temp.

Any advice in the right direction will be greatly appreciated as long as its not jubilee clamps and i do understand that VISA E are use once only too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

427scr

Sorry but in my opinion you can't beat a good quality stainles steel motorsport quality Jubilee. I have swapped all the clips on my 3.2 for them. They do look better if you hide the adjuster out of sight.

BTW. you can reuse them if you are very careful in removing them.

(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 22-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Thanks 427scr , my worries with Jubilee is them vibrating loose also, and they dont expand and retract.
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire
normaclamp GBS.. aviation standard..
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 22-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Mmmmmmm Seadart, having a look at the sizes on those there is only 3 or 4mm adjustment yet, the VISA E's give you a 10mm adjustment. Ie: 35-45 while the Normas give 34-37. Do i go for mid value on originals ie 40mm or do i concentrate on the lower ie: 35mm?
AO Silver Member

County: Cardiff

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
Thanks 427scr , my worries with Jubilee is them vibrating loose also, and they dont expand and retract.
Hi, Jubilee clamps are used on most modern Aero jet engines, not on fuel or oil and as long as they are used properly with the band and thread lubed they wont come loose.
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JON156VELOCE View Post
Hi, Jubilee clamps are used on most modern Aero jet engines, not on fuel or oil and as long as they are used properly with the band and thread lubed they wont come loose.
+1

jubilee clamps are used all over the aviation industry.. so long as they are good quality and correctly fitted..
downside is they are bloody ugly.. I see your point..
The OE visa clamps are only used because they are quicker to fit on a production line..
I use proper jubilee clips..they have "jubilee" written on them.. never had one fail. stainless can look pretty..

go to www.jubileeclips.co.uk/

they make various types and its all good gear..

Just had a look at wikipedia .. jubilee clip.. they were actually invented by two blokes in a shed .. brilliant !!

Gettin' to old for this sh*t

Last edited by seadart; 23-03-14 at 11:10.
AO Platinum Member

If you want them to not vibrtate loose, tighten them up to see where the tighten point is.. back them off a couple of turns... stuff some silicone sealant in the thread next to the screw and then re-tighten.

Ralf S.
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 24-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Ok fellas , the consensus seems to be Jubilee are fine and i have had an email response from the crowd in France that sell the VISA E originals ... the price of six clamps + postage is alarming therefore worm drive jubilees and threadlock are the way to go. Thanks for the advice guys.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
clamps , hose , visa

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page