VDC problem on Alfa GT 07 plate - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 26-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Lancashire
VDC problem on Alfa GT 07 plate

Hello, I am a new member to this site and not 100 percent sure how it works but thought I would give it a go as I am desperate and gutted at the minute.
I own an alfa GT Blackline 1.9 jtd with 56000 on clock, full service history, from receipts I got when bought it has been looked after, as in tyres, brakes, any faults fixed. I love the car but have a problem that no one seems to know about. I have not taken it direct to alfa as there prices are ridiculous. In short, the VDC warning light keeps coming on which I have been told is not a major problem!! However, it is a problem when it activates (warning light flashes) whilst I am driving along. It only comes on for a split second, locks the front wheels up and then goes off, this is obviously a huge concern and when I have taken it to my garage he does not seem to know the fault, he has plugged it into 2 machines but still non the wiser. One of the machines showed a 'yaw' sensor fault but after he spoke to somebody at alfa they said that this would not be causing my fault and the only way to sort it would be to pay 95 an hour to alfa and they would methodically go through it until they found the problem, if at all they did as apparently it could be anything. I am absolutely gutted as I love the car, just wondering if anyone has experienced this or if anyone can recommend a decent garage near the area I live (Darwen Lancashire) Sorry to go on but any help would be appreciated. Thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
The yaw sensor is one of the input devices used by the ABS computer for the VDC,
a sensor which detects the vehicle's rotation around the vertical axis and side acceleration (centrifugal force)... It's a box mounted on the center tunnel, below the dash.
If the examiner indicates this is faulty, it could be causing your problems...
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 26-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thankyou for your response, I really appreciate it. That makes sense with what is happening, (the car braking on its own) . Thankyou again
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
B.t.w., it seems another cause for these errors is the steering angle sensor, another input for the ABS computer. This can be easily checked via the Examiner (or OBD software), reading out the position. Should indicate 0 at straight ahead, and equal pos or neg values with equal left or right angles....

RE the yaw sensor, you could try removing, cleaning and replacing the connector(s) on the box .... Sometimes you get bad connections

Some documentation on yaw sensor:
http://home.planet.nl/~jwq/temp_gta/...ation%20gt.pdf

Last edited by jwq; 26-11-13 at 16:41.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 26-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks again pal. Really appreciate it.
AO Member

County: Pest
Ceraldi, what was the solution to your problem?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
alfa , plate , problem , vdc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page