147 1.9JTDM no power when cold - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 26-03-13 Thread Starter

County: Nottinghamshire
Help 147 1.9JTDM no power when cold

Hello,

This is my first post so please bare with me, we have an Alfa 147 1.9 JTDM q2 sport (57 Reg 43k miles), 3 days ago my better half noticed it was low on power then all a sudden after driving for a few mins the power kicked in and all was fine.

This happened again yesterday whilst I was driving, the engine revs very slowly while stationary, but will hit maximum revs eventually, and the car feels very low on power whilst driving, as if the turbo had gone, but once again when the engine had warmed up the power kicked in and all was fine. I then noticed in the service book that there was no mention of a fuel filter change, so I fitted a new one last night and again everything was fine until this morning.

This morning the fault had returned, I get my fiancée to rev the engine whilst I was watching the waste gate valve, as I thought it could have been sticking when cold, all though it was not moving whilst revving the engine when the engine was switched off it opened fully and closed when started so appeard to be working correctly. My next plan was to remove the electrical connections to the MAF sensor but by this time the engine had warmed and revving correctly so I'll have to wait until the fault reappears.

We have no indication of any faults or warnings on the dashboard. Has anybody had similar problems with this engine?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, much appreciated

Carl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 3 Old 26-03-13 Thread Starter

County: Nottinghamshire
Forgot to say, there is no smoke
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
Maf seems the most likely culprit if there's no smoke

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
147 , 19jtdm , cold , diesel , maf , power , turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page