my 2.0 tspark seems flat help please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 04-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Warwickshire

Member car:

156 sp3

my 2.0 tspark seems flat help please

Hi all, i recently brought a 1998 156 2.0 tspark spk3 never had an alfa before but love it now is in great nick for its age apart from noisy engine after doing my research on this site(great help btw) decided to do the obligratory cambelt kit, balance belt kit, variator, water pump, oil filter and oil change to selena......few!! it now sounds realy good only problem is now it seems flat through the rev range im not a mechanic but someone has put what i think is a k&n filter on it and another smaller filter that branches off that, this is towards the top of the engine and only sucking what i think would be hot air no vents or ducting going to it. but still seems sluggish more than before i had all work done, any help would be great, atb all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Garage
Sounds like a weird setup. The K&N doesnt come with any pipes and mounts straight onto the front of the MAF. All it does is suck in warm air.

I made a pipe that extends it all the way down to the bottom right hand side of the engine and the sound is great.

My mate had a similar 'flat' problem with his Golf GTI and it turned out to be the MAF. It might also have been killed by someone over-oiling the K&N.

If you unplug the MAF the car will stop using its 'out of range' readings and start using a default set of values. If the car feels ok then - New MAF is required.

2002 156 Selespeed Sportwagon|Koni FSD Dampers|Eibach Pro Springs|Fully Powerflexed Front & Rear|Eibach Sports Stabiliser ARB's|Lightweight Flywheel|Lighweight Crank Pulley|Colombo & Bariani Cams|Ported by Peak Alfa|Custom Remap by Gus|Wiechers Aluminium Strut Brace|GTA Uprights & Brembo 330mm Conversion|276mm GTA Rear's|GTA Steering Rack |Custom K&N Intake Pipe & Induction|Brand new Gearbox/Actuator|Quaife LSD|CF2 Decat Manifolds|Supersprint Centre Section|CSC Duplex Exhaust|GTA Interior
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 04-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 sp3

thanks matt, is the maf the air flow meter and do i just pull the connector out to test it atb
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Garage
Yeah it will be directly behind that K&N thing. Unplug it and go for a drive. It will probably idle badly but will drive.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 04-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 sp3

Thx m8 will do that 1st thing, it idles funny now when u clutch down for coasting to a junction it will feather up and down up to 1500rpm a few times before it settles at tickover atb jj.
reveds1969

Fuel evap valve ferret

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
flat , tspark

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page