Xado Atomic Metal Conditioner - Interesting! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 02-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
Xado Atomic Metal Conditioner - Interesting!

Came across this stuff in this months Top Gear magazine adverts....

XADO 1 Stage Maximum Atomic Metal Conditioner

Seems like a sensible additive come next oil change... just thought I'd post it up for others to have a look over. Interesting to know if anyone has this stuff added and if you noticed some of the stated benefits....

Last edited by PJ3074; 09-02-13 at 18:53.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV, RCZ, KTM

There are loads of these types of products for sale. Do you have any issues with your engine, personally I would save my money and just ensure I checked the oil level regularly and change atleast once a year or 10,000 miles.
AO Gold Member

County: Derbyshire
Snake Oil! Must be good, they've got a TuV report certifying it's effectiveness; funny that the name of the company that did the tests is misspelt on the bottom of the report!

Xado Atomic Metal Conditioner - Interesting!

FYI a friend put me onto Xado and I tried this earlier in the year and for what its worth it did make a difference, engine quieter and certainly acceleration better. I'm happy. Also used some of their Gearbox product.

I bought from Advanced Engine Treatment | Engine Oil Additives | Engine Restore - Xado Index postage FOC and certainly not £6 in your link. Can't believe it and on closer examination of payment it looks as though it is through a German company and product is shipped from Germany.

Before anyone starts - I don't work for Xado uk - I am just a fan of the product!!
AO Member

County: Wicklow
I was wondering about the gearbox additive,my pinion bearing is noisy and the gear change is getting notchy.I've a good used box in the pipeline,just can't afford fitting for a while,what difference did it make?
(Post Link) post #6 of 15 Old 04-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Alpha1 ... nice update to a new purchase link with FOC shipping
As a matter of interest did you just add it to current oil or did you add it with your oil change?
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
Before anyone starts - I don't work for Xado uk - I am just a fan of the product!!
Your third post in five years, every one about Xado . . . the cynic would say that maybe you do have some sort of vested interest in this oil contaminant.

It's Alfa, by the way, not Alpha.

Danny - The GB additive came in a small 9ml tube, which was a bit tricky to squeeze into GB oil filler. I had a slight whine in 3rd. All quiet now so can only assume product worked. May sort out your notch gear change?

PJ - added to old oil. I queried this and called them. Apparently you can use with old or new but old is supposed to better as more metallic particles to react with, which I can understand.

Dave - Yes it is only my third post. I originally joined the forum when researching previous issue and have had no need to do so since. I still come back to see whats being said, nothing more. Xado caught my eye again and as I had used it, I thought I would share my experience, take it or leave it! All I am saying is it worked for me.

I know its Alfa but I am "Alpha1" - i.e the first letter of the Greek alphabet and 1 being the first number - both a pun on Alfa!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
I know its Alfa but I am "Alpha1" - i.e the first letter of the Greek alphabet and 1 being the first number - both a pun on Alfa!
I think he was referring to your member car "1985 Alpha Romeo Spider"
AO Member

Member car:

It must be wonderful to still believe in magic.......does Father Christmas and the tooth fairy work for you?
Having said that I am told the Cuban's can keep a 1950,s Chevrolet going with Voodoo.
AO Gold Member

For an independent (i.e. not published on an Xado website) assessment of whether or not this stuff works, read:

F2MCLTD: XADO - Engine treatment tested and reviewed
(Post Link) post #12 of 15 Old 06-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

"Interesting" as originally posted.... this is also an interesting follow up! and purely for general info (as it were) and make your own mind up.

To Aggy, yes I do still believe in the magic of Xmas and ensuring my kids have an excellent time during the feastive season. But due to a few pints and pies over the years, i can no longer get down the chimney

... now must remember to grow that beard
AO Member

Grahameo a member on here told me a very convincing case for using Slick50 though,this was the gist of it;

''It paid dividends one particular day when I was driving down the M1 past nottingham during the long contra-flows about 4 years ago now.
Following a Skoda Felicia in my old 156 2.0 TS. The back box suddenly dropped off on the Felicia and promptly embedded part of it in my lower grill and radiator. The rest went under the car
I had nowhere to pull over in the contra-flow and needless to say I lost all my coolant and the temperature gauge shot up alarmingly... I had no choice but to maintain 45mph and make it to the next services which was 12 miles away!

Now I'm sure we all know the reputation of Twinspark cylinder head gaskets when it comes to overheating and I'm also sure that everyone would agree 12 miles without any coolant would have normally cooked the engine to a standstill....
All I can tell you is...... It didn't
After getting recovered By the RAC back home and fitting a new radiator, replacing with fresh coolant, changing the thermostat and getting a sniff and compression test performed and changed the oil and filter for good measure... Not one bit of damage to the head gasket or engine itself.
In fact the car is still going strong 45,000 miles later and now belongs to my sister..''

Pretty convincing I have to say,and definitely not someone with a vested interest..
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny 156 View Post

I'm also sure that everyone would agree 12 miles without any coolant would have normally cooked the engine to a standstill....

Pretty convincing I have to say,and definitely not someone with a vested interest..
I think many of us would not be convinced by what is, after all, anecdotal evidence. Maybe 12 miles without any coolant would not have cooked the engine to a standstill? Without the control experiment no Slick 50 in the engine, the jury's still out.

Anecdotal evidence, dubious "test" results & testimonials are what the makers of these oil contaminants rely on!
AO Member

Maybe so,but he definitely doesen't drive an *****!I wouldn't be an advocate of additives in general,when I was asking about it,I was thinking as an interim thing it might help my gearbox run on for a month or two while I got the money together to replace it.There are no miracle cures for knackered parts that's for sure!We used to use STP smoke ladder in our old Toyotas in the nineties,worked a treat for a week or so..Bangernomics at their finest!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
atomic , conditioner , interesting , metal , xado

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page