Is this injector correction normal? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 12-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

147 JTD16M

Is this injector correction normal?

I sense a very slight hesitation or vibration in my 147 Jtdm it's not much different from normal diesel vibration just at higher revs and I don't think was there previously. The car has been serviced recently and nothing was found that is wrong - no error codes and no obvious faults. I've connected ECU scan and comparing the correction values for the injectors no 3 seems to be different from the others, see the attached file.

The range seems similar to the others but it looks as if the track is often moving in the opposite direction from the others, see the trace from 945 to 1020 on the bottom scale. I don't know enough to know whether this is normal or indicates a problem. Could having the injectors cleaned help if it is a problem?

If anyone out there in diesel alfaland can tell me whether the trace is as expected I'll stop worrying.
Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ECU Scan.jpg (69.8 KB, 95 views)

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
I can't make out the numbers , but warm idle your looking at +\- 0.9 or less, try disconnecting the injector plugs and clean with elec contact cleaner and plug back in\out a few times.then recheck values when warm, if no improvement try forte injector cleaner or bg244 or similar for a tank of fuel then check again.
Values of up to+\-2 I may see now and again when warm usually 1 or less.
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 16-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 JTD16M

Thanks for that, sorry the graphic resolution is so poor, the original image was fine but maybe the upload does something.

it sounds like there is a bit of a problem. Min and max values for the cylinders [email protected]
1 - +3.07 -3.36
2 - +0.81 to -4.97
3 - +0.50 to +6.00
4 - +1.83 to -3.88
All well outside the range you mentioned, I'll try your suggestions and if I still think there is a problem I'll try a diesel engineer.
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
Youd be just as well running a tank with injector cleaner anyway. If you go down getting injectors worked on theyd probably suggest a new fuel filter so you might as well flush the system clean first.
AO Member

County: Essex
How do you get all 4 injectors up like that. i got the free version of fiatecuscan, but only seem to show reading for one injector. thanks
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 11-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 JTD16M

I think the free version of Fiatecuscan allows up to 4 parameters to be plotted so I don't think I did any more than select all 4. I suppose there may be a newer version that is more limited.

For information as the weather warmed up I noticed three things, the vibration has reduced, noise generally and fuel consumption improved (62mpg indicated driving from Wilmslow to Salisbury keeping to the speed limit except when getting out of other folks way and a blast past a slow moving convoy) this being an improvement of 10mpg since February. Maybe the engine has finally loosened up.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
correction , injector , normal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page