Advice please...light on after service. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 12-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cornwall

Member car:

GTV

Advice please...light on after service.

I took my GTV JTS to have a slight problem where the revs didnt always drop that low when changing gears to a independant Alfa/Fiat garage. He fixed the problem without changing any parts but cleaned a lot of bits but said there was a fault code stored(p0159) although the management light was not on. He said that after a few mile the managment light might come on and i need a new lambda sensor.

Sure enough the light came on, so i went back the next week and had a new lambda and had a full service, he said he road tested it and all was well. Now 20 miles later the light has come on and i think the car drives fine although i think on start up its a bit lumpy idle although this seems to be fine once warmed up. I am going to take the car back but want advice please.

I had a look at the exhaust for holes as my ford KA had a lumpy idle when it had a slight hole in exhaust. It does have some rust round the back seam of the box, could this make computer error?

Could the new lambda be faulty as i read there have been a few faulty batches. Its a proper Bosch one.....i think, i did check and it looks new with shiny plug.

Does the JTS have a EGR valve as i read these can need cleaning or renewing.

Thanks in advance,
Shelly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Staffordshire
With regard to the EGR valve.

Having a JTS engine myself this is of interest to me, I googled JTS EGR valve, and came up with https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/engin...egr-valve.html. David C is well known for being right.

Also, this came up which is quite interesting(?), it was to me anyway. Alfa Romeo forum: Tuning Cams on a 2.0 JTS (adjusting the. Do follow the link to italiancar.net.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 13-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

I had a read and it is interesting, a bit above me though. I have read that some JTS 2003 maybe early 2004 have bad cam timing and electronic maps that clogs up the head. It was improved on 2004 cars onwards but i bet the timing isnt great and could be improved by a cam set up expert (these experts are actually quite rare and most mechanics cant do this)and a remap from again an expert.

On to my problem, I have phoned the garage and they are going to hook it up to the computer to see if is the same fault code, i bet it is and i have forked out for a new lambda when the old one was working. Could it be that the other pre-cat lambda is faulty or slow making the new lambda over compensate and trigger engine management light????
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 23-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

A bit late but this problem was fixed and diagnosed a faulty new lambda sensor, replaced with a new working one and the management light stays out =). Big thanks to N-E vehicle repairs in Plymouth.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
advice , pleaselight , service

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page