1.9JTDm 3mm and 5mm turbo hoses ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

marlon

1.9JTDm 3mm and 5mm turbo hoses ?

Hi Folks

I have a question........ I have a 2006 facelift 147 with the 1.9 16v 150bhp engine.

I have been told to replace some vacuum pipes that corrode and go brittle...apparently 3mm and 5mm ID.

Haven't taken any of the covers and heat shields off yet to look, but not sure where these hoses are ?

I know one will go from the turbo actuator to somewhere. I was told to a solenoid some place at the slam panel, but no hoses are coming from the turbo area to the slam panel that I can see. Then apparently from this solenoid to a unit at the back of the engine ?

Any help in letting me know what and where I should be looking is appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Garage
Yep VNT hoses. You need 3mm ID as some of the holes are big but one on the solenoid is smaller and 5mm won't fit tightly enough! typical alfa eh! The VNT solenoid is bolted to the side of the airbox on the 147 (156 is on the back of the rad and far easier to access) From the turbo there will be one pipe off the mechanism/ actuator at the front of the engine. There is another one which sprouts out from under the engine cover about half way along on the underside. On the 156 there is a third as it is piped up he back of the rad via a metal pipe but as your is on the airbox you may only have the two . It'll take you 10 mins max to do em all. Do you have power issues at low revs then ?

BMW E12 M535i, JC racing diff, Gaz coilover, Powerflex.
Alfa 156 GTA, Q2, Super sprint, CF2, EQ, KW coilovers, Eibach rollbars, Powerflex.
GitList Member but not as high as Keithy! No Gibbo....I don't need a haircut AO Troublemaker! You have been warned
marlon

Thanks for that Joss.

No power issues, but thought I better change them before I do.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Garage
Wise move. I changed mine a while back. Just bought a length of pipe from a motor factor for a couple of quid. Might be worth just matching it up when you arrive just for piece of. Just pop the bonnet and you should see at least one of the pipes. It is very hard to get the pipe on and off the larger diameter pipes. Use a stanley to remove the old an spit/wd40 to apply the new

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
19jtdm , 3mm , 5mm , hoses , turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page