Limp clutch pedal! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 08-02-12 Thread Starter

County: Greater London

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Limp clutch pedal!

Hi
I have a GT V6 with 42k odd miles on the clock. Not a technical wizard - as you'll appreciate from what follows - but my clutch pedal has gone limp and I can't engage any gears. Before contacting garage and having to arrange a tow, any advice from AOF gurus about whether this can be easily sorted without payment pain? (I'm hoping hydraulic fluid - have checked fluid reservoir and it's only slightly down so that might be vain hope - and fearing clutch itself.)
Any advice gratefully received!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire
is the pedal in the 'down' position?? if so can you pull it back up to the 'up' position??

if it stays up and then starts working again it may just be a 'sticky' slave cylinder.. caused by old age and/or dirty hydraulic fluid in the slave cylinder.. plus low temperatures!!.. cheapest option is to bleed out the crappy dirty old fluid and see how it goes..

Last edited by seadart; 08-02-12 at 17:20.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0

Will cost around 80 quid to fix, needs a new slave cylinder most likely. Mechanic on the move could fix it on your drive with ease
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 10-02-12 Thread Starter

County: Greater London

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Seadart, Turtle - many thanks for your pointers. Pedal did come back up after a topping up of the reservoir and vigorous pumping, and I managed to get it to supplying garage (Veloces in north London) in second... (Beauty of that engine is that even steep hillstarts are a snitch in second!) They actually replaced the master and slave cylinders under warranty so all is now perfect again.
Thanks again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
clutch , limp , pedal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page