147 Cambelt - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 04-02-05 Thread Starter
AO Member

147 Cambelt

Quick question for those that know

I'm having the cambelt changed on a 1.6 147 at the weekend by a local garage that i have always used ( car is at 40k when bought so thought i had better get it done ) , now they are gonna change the belt , tensioner and cover gasket set but not the fixed idler , does anyone know if this should be changed as well , they think not but just wanna check

Thanx

Andy Vee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: 147 Cambelt

I had the lot done recently on my 147 1.6 at Alfashop in Norwich for all in price of 360 including VAT. While the engine is stripped done may as well get it changed as it is only about 30 part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff4255
I had the lot done recently on my 147 1.6 at Alfashop in Norwich for all in price of 360 including VAT. While the engine is stripped done may as well get it changed as it is only about 30 part.
Sorry forgot to mention that included a new variator - which may be worth doing as well if as my car had done 50,000 and sounded rough because variator was on way out - noticed improvement in ride, preformance and sound of engine with new variator.

Member car:

Alfa 147

Hi, just as a follow on to this topic...Are there any Irish 147 owners here at the moment that got this done? Just want to get an idea of price as I'm sure it'll well in excess of UK prices!!
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 04-02-05 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanx for the replies so far , as for the price , the belt/tensioner/gasket set cost 98 for the lot , i would have bought the idler as well but they don't stock it as they don't change it either ( desira garage ) as standard ?!? . As for the labour its a mate so will probably not be much at all

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
147 , cambelt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page