alfaowner's expertise needed!! (JTDm) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 21-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV 2.0L

Hmmm alfaowner's expertise needed!! (JTDm)

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of turning to the dark side and getting a 2008 147 JTDm 8v collezione.
and i wanted as much advice as you lot had about the 147 deisels as its covered 68,000 miles (only one owner though, and full service history to) and i want to know what sort of "common problems" that you guys have had with your cars or engines that i should be looking out for or will need to do in the near future to keep it running if i do get it. i just need all your help to let me no if i should be snatching this up or running a mile!

thanks guys i look forward to your responses.

Sean.

alfa romeo GTV 2.0 TS
CDA induction kit with custom built silicon induction pipes - full alfaholics exhaust - down pipe - sports cat - centre box - raggazzon rear twin DTM straight through rear section - red painted brake calipers - braided brake lines - EBC red stuff pads all round - EBC turbo disc's all round - front strut brace - powder coated rear arms and spring pans with powerflex bushes - TTV racing lightweight flywheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.4SV

with that mileage, cambelt, driveshaft inner tripods+cups, clutch and DMF will all either need to be changed or soon. Also removed the cover on the top of the engine and see if theres any black mess around the injectors, can be a git to repair
AO Member

Just the cambelt and waterpump and aux belt. Don't worry about the drive shafts the 8valve is a solid engine my ex 147 did 152000 miles and it had no problems with its dmf or drive train. Just make sure you don't use supermarket diesel.
AO Gold Member

County: Kent
Clutch and DMF on 68K?? Don't think so, my 2.4 is on its origional cluch at 101000K miles. plenty of life left in that I would hope.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch166 View Post
Clutch and DMF on 68K?? Don't think so, my 2.4 is on its origional cluch at 101000K miles. plenty of life left in that I would hope.
Depends how it is driven. People who have poor clutch control tend to break them quicker. Mine lasted 130k but I've seen them last as little as 40k....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.4SV

bought mine with 62k on the clock, by 67k the car needed both inner tripods and cups, now at 75k and the clucth slips in 5 & 6

just had to have all the injectors out to replace the seals

its a lemon
AO Gold Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss View Post
Depends how it is driven. People who have poor clutch control tend to break them quicker. Mine lasted 130k but I've seen them last as little as 40k....
Yeah exactly, you can't list it as an item that will wear because of mileage though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
bought mine with 62k on the clock, by 67k the car needed both inner tripods and cups, now at 75k and the clucth slips in 5 & 6

just had to have all the injectors out to replace the seals

its a lemon
Sounds like you did mate, sorry to hear that.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
alfaowner , expertise , jtdm , needed

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page