V6 Engine, air intake problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Red.

V6 Engine, air intake problem

All, please remember when answering, although this is my third Alfa V6, i'm not very good at the greasy parts.
The pipe between the air resonator and the plenum chamber has completely perished. As a result engine has very lumpy, jerky performance. Its horrible.
Two mechanics have said its due to this perished rubber pipe, taking unfiltered air from the engine bay, and by-passing a few sensors. I'd usually just fork out the money for a replacement, but they are rare.
Can anyone send me some instructions as to how i can build a replacement. Its a early 1998 GTV, think its a P1, red key. Silicone tubing? How do i connect in the two air pipes that come of it to either side of the plenum chamber? how di i attach the two sensors that click onto the side of this persihed unit?

All advice welcome.

Fraser

ee's preetty car no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

If you're intent on making one.. your best bet would be to get one made out of steel tubing with welded on stubs to attach the pipes (using hose-clips). You would also need quite big rubber collars at each end to provide a degree of flex.

Really would be easier to find one down at the breakers... rgwm is our tame scrappie.

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
air , engine , intake , problem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page