Good mechanic in co antrim - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 27-04-11 Thread Starter

County: Antrim
Help Good mechanic in co antrim

Hi Everyone

I am hoping this post will help me out and settle alot of frayed nerves as of late.
A few months ago my mechanic changed the upper left & right rear wishbones and also replaced the rear bushes. He seemed confident enough that he had done a good job and the car has been running grand since getting this done. However, to my horror, my neighbour stopped me one night to tell me that the 2 back tyres were sitting out & at a slant - something I have never noticed before and now realise looks totally "wrong" (they do not sit parallel like any other normal back tyres on any cars I have seen). Took the car back down to the same mechanic and have now found that because of this the 2 said back tyres are completely bald in the inside - so much so that the wire threads are practically coming through. After replacing the parts above, the tyres obviously have not been aligned properly & this is causing me much concern. This will now need to be done & probably at extra cost to myself. Not only that - another stint in a garage for my beloved car when I should be out enjoying her in this good weather. A good alfa mechanic surely would have known what to do????? We have used this same guy for many years servicing & fixing our bog standand, mundane cars like mgs, renaults, fords, etc, but this is the first time we have ever owned an alfa & I am now realising that not every mechanic knows how to fix her problems. This is the first real problem we have had with her and I am at my wits end. I want to be able to leave her into someone that has had good experience with alfas & knows exactly what they are doing - piece of mind I think they call it. Any ideas or names of mechanics is much appreciated. I cannot leave this car into someone I dont trust can fix her (or could possibly end up doing more her more damage than first thought). Your replies are much appreciated.
Yours
Thomas McFall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
antrim , good , mechanic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page