Fuel system priming - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 25-03-11 Thread Starter
Status: 404 - Alfa notfound
AO Member
 
batwad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 329
Fuel system priming

Specifically relating to the CF3 V6, I've got the injectors and fuel rails off the engine and they obviously emptied themselves all over the ground.

Does anyone know if, when I come to put it all back together, I need to do anything special to prime the system or will it take care of itself?
batwad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Hey Joe...
AO Gold Member
 
iainfm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Perth and Kinross
Posts: 6,274

Member car:

Jaaaaag

Are there bleed valves in the end of the fuel rails like there is on the TS? Meant to check a set today, but forgot...

If so, use them....if not, just turn the key a few times to get the fuel pump running and crank it
iainfm is offline  
Status: Ich habe entscheiden.
AO Gold Member
 
filipharvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 7,207

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD

Yes there are bleed valves on the rails.
filipharvey is offline  
Status: playing kill by numbers
AO Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Belgium
County: Down in the Park
Posts: 8,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by batwad View Post
Specifically relating to the CF3 V6, I've got the injectors and fuel rails off the engine and they obviously emptied themselves all over the ground.

Does anyone know if, when I come to put it all back together, I need to do anything special to prime the system or will it take care of itself?
takes care of itself.... switch on the contact a few times without starting
Cuore_Sportivo_155 is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 27-03-11 Thread Starter
Status: 404 - Alfa notfound
AO Member
 
batwad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by iainfm View Post
Are there bleed valves in the end of the fuel rails like there is on the TS? Meant to check a set today, but forgot...

If so, use them....if not, just turn the key a few times to get the fuel pump running and crank it
Good shout, there are valves on the end. Any idea what sort of pressure the fuel lines are at? I don't fancy spraying petrol all over the engine bay and any passers-by!
batwad is offline  
Status: Hey Joe...
AO Gold Member
 
iainfm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Perth and Kinross
Posts: 6,274

Member car:

Jaaaaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by batwad View Post
Good shout, there are valves on the end. Any idea what sort of pressure the fuel lines are at? I don't fancy spraying petrol all over the engine bay and any passers-by!
It's not too bad. Wrap a hefty rag (eg a hand towel ) around them and whatever you're using to poke the valve with and you should be fine.
iainfm is offline  
Status: playing kill by numbers
AO Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Belgium
County: Down in the Park
Posts: 8,786
theres 3bar of fuel pressure over whatever is in the manifold...

never needed to bleed them on a v6 so far...
Cuore_Sportivo_155 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
fuel , priming , system

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OBD II Codes Smaky Alfa 145 & 146 62 14-08-19 13:36
Looking After A Best Friend - Your Cooling System! AntMat Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6) 33 26-07-15 21:12
2.4 jtd flatspot bruce Alfa 147, 156 & GT 31 11-05-08 09:08
Supermarket vs Branded petrol Carter Tuning & Upgrades 12 10-08-07 20:15
Unleaded or Super Unleaded ? Smudger Alfa 147, 156 & GT 59 14-05-07 18:42

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome