alfa 75 6c 3.0v6 engines project - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 17-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

156V6/166V6

Help alfa 75 6c 3.0v6 engines project

hi guys ,in a recent purchase of a lancia thema a persuaded the guy to sell me 3x 3.0 v6 engines,two out of an alfa 75 and the other a 164 engine now the 164 engine is for donor parts but what i want to know is how can the 75 engines be put into a front wheel drive car for example a lancia thema or fiat coupe, and what gearbox would suit this job? custom engine mounts would be made of course does anyone one know of any successful working jobs?

i currently own a 166 full spec 2.0 twinspark,fiat punto gt turbo,a 156 2.5v6 and a fiat coupe track car but im interested in developing a 3.0v6 alfa engine to power the coupe rather than use the thema running gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Leicestershire
Hi, think its best you buy a 164 or 166 (166 V6 3.0 24v and 6 speed) complete to develop the car you want! By the time you buy/source all the parts needed, you'll have all you need in a complete car and then spares to sell on!!

Sounds like an interesting project but leave the 75 v6's rwd application!

But someone out there will prove me wrong............... possibly.........
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 20-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156V6/166V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8pete View Post
Hi, think its best you buy a 164 or 166 (166 V6 3.0 24v and 6 speed) complete to develop the car you want! By the time you buy/source all the parts needed, you'll have all you need in a complete car and then spares to sell on!!

Sounds like an interesting project but leave the 75 v6's rwd application!

But someone out there will prove me wrong............... possibly.........
thanks pete for your input and your totaly right and lucky for me i have sourced a 166 with no engine just with the rest of the running gear one more question though can i use the actual 75 v6 engine block even though its from a rwd ??
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands
If you were thinking of fitting the block and swapping the heads, IIRC some of the water/oil channels are different as the 75 block will be for a 12v and the 166 will be a 24v. Also the thermostats are at different ends, and the flywheels and crank pulleys will need swapping.

All possible, but a lot of hassle, enough 166/GTV V6s being broken so why bother IMO.

HTH
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 21-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156V6/166V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple145 View Post
If you were thinking of fitting the block and swapping the heads, IIRC some of the water/oil channels are different as the 75 block will be for a 12v and the 166 will be a 24v. Also the thermostats are at different ends, and the flywheels and crank pulleys will need swapping.

All possible, but a lot of hassle, enough 166/GTV V6s being broken so why bother IMO.

HTH
i'm not thinking of swapping heads i have three complete engines they're all 12valves but the one im going to use has racing cams purchased from ah motorsport also in the plan is a set of throttle bodies!! im hoping to use the engine for track use and from what some people are telling me the 166 24v gearbox will fit so if it does ill use it and the running gear, yes it is a lot of hassle but i have these engines unless i sold them to a 75 owner and got a 3.0 24v that'd be nice alright. i could drop this set up into a alfa 145/147 or fiat punto but id prefer to drop it into a 145 can you imagine the v6 burble coming from a 145
Chris155

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabuoy View Post
hi guys ,in a recent purchase of a lancia thema a persuaded the guy to sell me 3x 3.0 v6 engines,two out of an alfa 75 and the other a 164 engine now the 164 engine is for donor parts but what i want to know is how can the 75 engines be put into a front wheel drive car for example a lancia thema or fiat coupe, and what gearbox would suit this job? custom engine mounts would be made of course does anyone one know of any successful working jobs?

i currently own a 166 full spec 2.0 twinspark,fiat punto gt turbo,a 156 2.5v6 and a fiat coupe track car but im interested in developing a 3.0v6 alfa engine to power the coupe rather than use the thema running gear
not worth it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
alfa , engines , project

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page