How hard could it be...... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Galway
Idea How hard could it be......

myself and a few friends were talking last night about the 2.4 20v engine and if it would be possible to remove the 2.4 10v engine from a 156 and put the 20v version in.. out of curiosity what would need to be done to the car for it to be able to accept the engine (i assume the ECU would need to be changed)... reason i ask is if it is nearly a straight swap - as ive seen fiat coupe turbo engine being put into a 145 so im wondering if this is possible.

Thanks and any input would be really appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
As I understand it the block is the same on both 10v and 20v engines so the mounts should be the same. However I would plan to change the ECU too as I don't know what sensors each engine has. The 20v had a 6 speed gearbox whereas the 10v had five so you might want to change the 'box too - don't know if they mounting to the engine is the same or not.

Also think about drive shafts - I ran a 20v from new and it chewed three in 60,000 miles but I don't know if they are "better" on the 20v or same spec as 10v.

Good luck.....!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
hard

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page