156 jtdm ti. I've lost all my turbo boost!! I have basic power, very slow. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 156 item ti

156 jtdm ti. I've lost all my turbo boost!! I have basic power, very slow.

Hi guys, please can someone help. A few weeks ago I started to smell some exhaust fumes inside my car when I put the fans on. I'm not sure if this problem is connected to the next, but this week I've lost all boost from my turbo. My car still drives but sluggish as heck, I've not really lost any warted and my oil seems fine. I've checked the oil cap for yellow paste but thankfully nothing. I've read on Alfa forums that it may be the egr that might need cleaning out, or has failed but I'm not sure. Can anybody else shed a little light to my problem. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Have you had the error codes read?

Can you hear any sort of whistling (like air escaping)?

If it's the egr it's more likely to be really sluggish low down and then take off like a scolded cat (unless of course the solenoid has frozen)
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 11-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 156 item ti

a machanic had a quick look at it today, took the pipe off the turbo and turned the cog inside or whatever you would like to call it, he said when he tried to turn it but it was stiff but then he managed released with a little wiggle. for some reason i have alot more of a power boost than even before, but does have some flat spots now, so im thinking perhaps it is still the egr or air flow sensor????? im really new to all this turbo malarky lmao so please be patient. anywho im thinking of taking the egr off tomorrow and cleaning it. thanks for your help and if you or anybody alse can help any further it would be greatly appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
156 , basic , boost , jtdm , lost , power , slow , turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page