Engine problem on 159 2.4 200 HP - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Valencia

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.4

Engine problem on 159 2.4 200 HP

Hy everyone! I have a great loose of power on my 159 2.4 200 HP manual 159. It only has 43.000 miles and a lot of problems. Thay have changed me the main engine block, all 5 injectors, the inlet manifold and the EGR valve about 15.000 miles ago because of the problems that the car did. Resuming, it was having a great loose of power combined with stutterings, the stuttering now is gone, but the lost of power is still present. The Alfa Romeo service wonīt help me anymore, because since the ECU doesnīt show any failure message, for they the car is working fine, so there is nothing to do with the AR service.
So, I have taken the problem with my own hands and try to find a sollucion.
1-st The car doesnīt have power between 0-2.500 RPM
2-nd From 3.000 RPM it seems that is a little alive
What I have done was taking off the EGR valve, which was full of black sh** mixed with oil and clean it as new. The results were the same, no improvment at all.
Now, itīs the second time in 2 months that I take off the EGR and itīs also full off sh**. What I have done is taking off the selenoid , leaving the EGR close to see how itīs work. The result are almost invisibles, but I have noticed that I lose also turbo pressure.
I mean that in 2-nd gear, and in 3-rd gear, when I accelerate, the turbo boost rise but falls quickly. The car itīs just like an atmospheric engine. What can I do? Can be the injectors? How can I get the turbo off and clean it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
My suggestion would be to take your car to a decent independent garage ... Did you also know you can get a remap that completely disables the egr (therefore no more egr problems) and removes the dpf
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.4 JTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianuxx View Post
Hy everyone! I have a great loose of power on my 159 2.4 200 HP manual 159. It only has 43.000 miles and a lot of problems. Thay have changed me the main engine block, all 5 injectors, the inlet manifold and the EGR valve about 15.000 miles ago because of the problems that the car did. Resuming, it was having a great loose of power combined with stutterings, the stuttering now is gone, but the lost of power is still present. The Alfa Romeo service wonīt help me anymore, because since the ECU doesnīt show any failure message, for they the car is working fine, so there is nothing to do with the AR service.
So, I have taken the problem with my own hands and try to find a sollucion.
1-st The car doesnīt have power between 0-2.500 RPM
2-nd From 3.000 RPM it seems that is a little alive

What I have done was taking off the EGR valve, which was full of black sh** mixed with oil and clean it as new. The results were the same, no improvment at all.
Now, itīs the second time in 2 months that I take off the EGR and itīs also full off sh**. What I have done is taking off the selenoid , leaving the EGR close to see how itīs work. The result are almost invisibles, but I have noticed that I lose also turbo pressure.
I mean that in 2-nd gear, and in 3-rd gear, when I accelerate, the turbo boost rise but falls quickly. The car itīs just like an atmospheric engine. What can I do? Can be the injectors? How can I get the turbo off and clean it?
Check the Turbo's actuator is moving the vanes to pull more boost.
Attached Images
File Type: png boost.PNG (55.7 KB, 82 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
159 , 200 , engine , problem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page