Millers Ecomax Diesel additive - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 24-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Millers Ecomax Diesel additive

Mornin'

I was looking for some injector cleaner in Halfraud's last night and found this Millers stuff. I like Millers products - my engine is noticeably smoother using their X-FD 5W-40 - so I bought a bottle. Added a dose to roughly half a tank (ie as soon as I got out to the car park ).

I wasn't overly confident of noticing anything really but straight away the car seems to be producing less smoke on full throttle. It had got a bit "go go gadget smokescreen" of late, which is annoying considering it's doing 120 miles a day at 60/40 motorway and fast A-roads.

On the drive to work this morning the car has felt noticeably more "willing", especially from low revs. Smoother and stronger. I'm aware that this could be placebo effect though and will "assess it by the numbers".

I know what mpg I've been getting (a REAL (not trip meter) 46 recently - 48 in the summer) so I'm planning to monitor it over the next few weeks (at 600 miles a week I should see results fairly quickly!). I've worked out that it adds about 2 quid to the cost of a tank of diesel, which is cheaper than filling up with V-power or similar, which tbh I didn't notice any difference with last time I tried it. My last tank worked out at 12.5p per mile. If I can beat this then it's worth stocking up on......

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it? I saw a thread from 2008 but that is the older formulation. I googled it last night and it seems to get far more positive feedback than most additives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Cheshire
I have used in the past on my previous car, still got some left so going to try some on the next fill up. From what I remember it take a few fill ups for it to take effect, ie. start cleaning the injectors.

Its supposed to add some octane aswell to the diesel, which again may take a few fill ups to mix through and for the ECU to respond to the supposedly better quality diesel.

Plus I think some of its psychological, its like when you clean the car its always alot faster!
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire
I used to be a member of the leon cupra forum, and all the diesel owners over there used to love the stuff.
AO Silver Member

County: East Ayrshire
My old dieselwagon loves the stuff I used to use Wynns Supremium, but i have changed to Millers because i can't get wynns anywhere . I feel the engine is a lot smoother and so is the boost .
AO Silver Member

County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Black 159

i use it all the time :thumbs up: i get it from eemotorspares on ebay £10.50 a bottle :thumbs up:
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 26-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Hi all, and thanks for the feedback!

I've done about 300 miles now and the engine is noticeably smoother (it was previously noticeably LESS smooth than it had PREVIOUSLY been, if you get me!). It also feels much sharper. I don't mean +10bhp or anything like that, just more willing generally. I don't know about mpg yet cos i've got a few days off work while i do ARB bushes and oil change but initial impressions are promising.

I've also worked out that it's SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than using BP Ulimate!!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1398
ive used it for years in a number of cars
AO Member

County: Highlands

Member car:

Alfa-less

Thumbs Up

I used its predecessor (Millers Diesel Sport4) on my former motor a 'tweaked' Stilo JTD, brilliant additive and worth every penny. To be fair though, IMHO any good cetane booster should make a huge difference to a diesel running sweetly.

Once the 147 comes back from getting it's gearbox rebuilt (we're not having a good first few weeks the Alfa and I) I'll be getting my mitts on some ecomax and seeing what kind of difference it makes to the general day to day runnning - I'm hoping quite a lot

When I felt 'flush' I ran the Stilo on Ultimate diesel with millers added..... very nice, very nice indeed

Ocht

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
additive , diesel , ecomax , millers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page