TS Thermostat to bulkhead pipes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 22-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Northumberland

Member car:

RénoLaGünah

TS Thermostat to bulkhead pipes

A bit of an odd one this. My recent 156 purchase had an engine change 2 years ago. Had a good look under the bonnet to find the coolant pipes to and from the heater via the bulkhead were cut off and not connected, so coolant just circulates around engine/rad.

As its been kinda warm, I have never used the heater so never got round to sorting it out. Mines is a 2001 1.8 CF3 twinspark. Am I right in assuming those pipes should connect one end to bulkhead and the other to the thermostat housing?

Aint had the time to check the stat housing to see if any outlets have been blanked off. She's running quite cool so was thinking its time for a new stat so obviously need the pipework to do it all at once. Any advice, how to guides, or even better, spare pipes that someone might have lieing around would be great. On hols next week so it will have to wait till I get back but any help in the meantime is appreciated.

Here I am now.... thinking why they might have cut the pipes..... knackered matrix?

"If it can't be fixed with a hammer, your problems electrical!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Garage
You are indeed correct prof. The pipes do go to the stat. I would imagine instead of blocking it off they will have just looped the hose round at the stat end. The matrix may be leaking or it was just that they were too lazy when putting the engine in to connect it back up.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
bulkhead , pipes , thermostat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page