Remap issues?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 16-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage
Remap issues??

Hi, just had my 2.4 JTD 140BHP remapped to 202BHP and all seemed fine until tonight. Haven't got any warnings or performance issues but radiator fans now perminately on and after 5/6 miles car smelling hot although temp readings all normal. Could it be exhaust related? Standard exhaust at the moment fitted. Any thoughts?? Thanks

Quick update ..... Checked the relays for the fans, all 3 black relays (50A) tested OK, and one red relay (30A) OK.It has had a new thermostat (only 500 miles done since). Fans come on at slow speed first then kick upto full speed within a few seconds as soon as ignition turned on. Resistors on fan cowling fine. Air conditioning working OK, heater working when temperature comes up (after about 8-10 mins). Only thing is temp gauge only registering approx 75 degrees. I'm thinking that perhaps the temp sender unit is US??? Thanks.

Last edited by CornishGrumps; 17-08-10 at 17:29.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 5 Old 19-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Well looks like I've fixed it thanks. Was indeed the Temperature Sender unit. Replaced this afternoon, ran the car for 30 mins, let cool for 30 mins and lo and behold when started again fans now silent and temp gauge climbs to 80 after drivng about 5 miles and stays there.
AO Member

County: Stara Zagora
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by solvitcs View Post
Hi, just had my 2.4 JTD 140BHP remapped to 202BHP and all seemed fine until tonight.
I really doubt that with remap you can gain 62hp just like that......with bigger turbo maybe, but only remap....!!!!!
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Just had mine remapped and managed another 45 horses but anything above that was lurking into clutch wear issues.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 21-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmaster View Post
I really doubt that with remap you can gain 62hp just like that......with bigger turbo maybe, but only remap....!!!!!
Hi, Original BHP was 154 and remap set to full power of 202 BHP. Already have racing clutch fitted so no worries there. Have printout as proof if required Had new turbo fitted 1200 miles ago, and all new air inlet pipes, airbox and K&N filter, intercooler pipes etc.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
issues , remap

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page