buying 156 1.9 JTD help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Nord-Trøndelag
buying 156 1.9 JTD help

Hi,

This is my first message in this forum, as Im going to go and check a "Verde Amazonia" 1998 mod. Alfa Romeo 156 1.9 JTD (105 horsepower) for my very first car!

My biggest concern is its km stand.. 250000 km (thats... 155342 miles), but the car has been a restoration project, and there is a lot of new parts on it. Have been in Holand for 5-6 years and the rest in norway, where I live.

Heres some pics of it --> CLICK HERE FOR PICS <--

and here a page of some pictures of the project: ps. translated to english with google the restoration project

so, what can I expect from this 1.9 JTD having runned that much? is it still life on it? (if well taked care of before and after?) could I make 3-4 years at 6-7k km each year before having to put a new one or selling it?

if swapping the engine? could I fit any TS? or the 2.4 JTD? (the car has manual transmision, so I would still have manual).

If I could buy a normal used 1.8 TS from 2000 (144 horsepower) with 125000 km (77617 miles) for the same amount of money, with same equipment (almost), would it be more wise to choose this one above the turbodiesel one?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 27-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Nord-Tr&oslash;ndelag
wow... I had forgotten this thread!

Two months after writing the above message, I did buy my first car! --> Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 TS!

Havent had any problem with it yet (finishing my 4th month of ownership).. so all I can say is... YEY!!!

Tho there are things to do on the car, but thats completely expected! will be changing shock absorbers, so that I can lower a bit the car, change wheels to 17 or 18 inches?.. blink lights (wich do you recommend?)... get some sweet alloy rims, and side skirts!

Any suggestions will be amazing!

-B-

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
156 , buying , jtd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page