The two metal pipes either side of the oil filter. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
The two metal pipes either side of the oil filter.

My Alloy Top 2.0TS-16v has had a recent oil change and been overfilled, however! the car is loosing oil from the rubber seals that link the pipes and also the seal where one pipe goes into engine block just below engine manifold. I can see it seeping and believe that its time that these rubber hoses are replaced as when i lift off the gas above 60mph the wall of white smoke is unbelievable and the smoke inside the cabin gives me a sore head.

Just had a look on eper and these metal pipes and seals are not listed as far as i can see, so was wondering if anyone else has had to replace these components and what are the components they used to replace ie: pipe diameter and seal for the pipe that enters the engine block. PS: The actual metal pipes are in good order its all the rubber parts used to link these pipes & the seal into the engine block that are the cause of my leak/s

Any of you good people have any advice?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Punto Hgt

There coolant pipes, are you sure some oil isn't leaking down onto them from the rocker cover etc?
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 07-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Hi Bill, thanks for the reply, i discovered this morning why i couldn't find them and it was because they are coolant pipes The car is going to have the bottom of the engine powerhosed so as to identify the leak. The mot guy said the dipstick oil seal was shot and has been replaced but then we noticed that leak from the coolant hoses so i have ordered new rubber bits of eper. Hopefully this will solve the problem?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
filter , metal , oil , pipes , side

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page