Will my diff be ok? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 23-05-10 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Garage
Will my diff be ok?

So I've been changing the clutch on the jtd. Not to bad except for I had a slight problem with getting the ns driveshaft out. The spring in the end had widenend meaning the shaft would not pull out. In the end I had to undo the driveshaft seal cover(4bolts) so I could get enough play the lever te shaft out. However it pulled the bearing assembly half out as the shaft came out. I carefully pushed it back in and did the seal cover up tight but will the diff be ok or will it need to be looked at. Everything seems to have relocated ok and there is no visible play on the diff. Help :-(

BMW E12 M535i, JC racing diff, Gaz coilover, Powerflex.
Alfa 156 GTA, Q2, Super sprint, CF2, EQ, KW coilovers, Eibach rollbars, Powerflex.
GitList Member but not as high as Keithy! No Gibbo....I don't need a haircut AO Troublemaker! You have been warned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Lincolnshire
I would say that it will be ok, as long as you put it back together in the same way u took it apart and you replaced all the parts back then you will be fine, the only thing really now for you to do is drive it and see what happys, just listen out for any noises or clunks.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 28-05-10 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Garage
Thats what I'm doing. Seems to go back in ok. I only asked as my M535i has a banjo diff in it which is a pain to set up as I understand, and just wanted to check mine wasn't.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
diff

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page