159 1.9 JTDM slipping out of gear when accelerating - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-03-10 Thread Starter

County: Skåne
159 1.9 JTDM slipping out of gear when accelerating

Hey fellas!

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now, and I'm kinda sad that my first post here has to be about a problem. But here goes..

A few months back I bought my first Alfa (a 159 SW 1.9 JTDM Qtronic from 2007 with 35000 kms on the clock). Obviously its a gorgeous machine, and its running great, most of the time..
However, about a month ago I experienced something rather worrying. I was accelerating hard from a standstill, and the car was going through 1st and 2nd fine. But just before it was about to switch into 3rd, it felt like it went into neutral. The revs shot up and hit the limiter, so I eased off the throttle. When the revs dropped low again it shifted back into gear by itself with a "clunk".

I've taken it to a mechanic for a diagnostic several times, but nothing has turned up, and the mechanic has not been able to reproduce the problem (I do have my doubts though, if he has even tried).

Since then the problem has returned several times, always in the same kinda situations. It doesn't matter if the anti spin is turned on or off, and it usually happens when the car is well warm.

I'm getting kinda worried that could damage the car even more if I continue to drive it

Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 147 JTDm

Try starting a thread in the 159 Technical section, Don't know much about the Qtronic so can't help much on your problem.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
159 , accelerating , gear , jtdm , slipping

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page