AAAAARRRRRR Electric fault on my 156 JTD - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire
Help AAAAARRRRRR Electric fault on my 156 JTD

Hey,

I fitted a new wiper motor to my car yesturday and some new alloys, i then took the car to wash it and check all the levels. It ran fine until i had washed it and started to drive home, it was fine for about 5 mins and then i started to get an abs warning light, ebc warning light and something else but all to do with my breaks. I stopped the car immidiatly and turned the car off only to find i couldnt start it again as everything was dead. I phoned my friend to give me a tow start and it came back to life, decided to drive on and see what happens only to have the same warning lights come on but the strange thing is the the came breaked ok, turned ok, just the performance wasnt that great and even the power steering worked ok. Within 5 mins i was loosing evrything, my lights went, dashboard, everything electric went but the engine was running fine. Got it home and sat it there for a bit to see what happened and it ran perfect but just had no electrics, turned it off and once again couldnt start it??
Thought it could be my altinator or my battery, checked my fuses and they are ok no water around them? But not sure why it would just suddenly go like that, has it got something to do with me washing it and water getting and the electrics?????? Or is it something a little more worrying??????

Need help
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Perth and Kinross

Member car:

Jaaaaag

Random electrical gremlins are usually battery-related. Check the battery terminals are clean and tight, or try another battery.

You might get more, and better, answers in the main 156 forum
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 13-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire
Rite finally got the car going, iv changed the battery and the altinator as they were both nakered and the engine is running sweet but i have noticed now that there isnt the same performance as before. Basically when i put my foot down i can here the turbo spooling and it drives good to 3000rpm and then there is no more, it feels like it pulls and then just stops. I have checked all the turbo hoses fr cracks and leaks and nothing. Could this be a MAF sensor problem? If it is is there a way of cleaning the sensor or do i need to buy a new one???

Thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
156 , aaaaarrrrrr , electric , fault , jtd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page