Piston rings question - GTA - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 04-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
Membro Medio

County: Bratislavsky
Piston rings question - GTA

I will be installing new piston rings on my GTA. I have 6 new sets and would like to check if my thoughts are OK as I cant read any marks on the worn old rings.

The set looks like this:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...trouble/04.jpg

With oil scrapper ring, everything is clear, its the lower one and it has a mark "cTOP"
Other two rings are different, one is black steel with "cTOP" mark and the other is silver color (chromed?) one marked with "C" The black one is wider as well, the thickness is the same (by eye), but it is a little wider than the chromed one.

Am I right that the black one is semi-scraper ring and goes into the middle with the "cTOP" make upwards and the chromed ring goes to the top position without specific orientation? It doesn't have "TOP" mark, just "C". Should it be this side up or it doesn't matter?

147GTA,Grigio Metallico,Imola leather,3.75l conversion,ported heads,F575 TB,Carbon plenum,Stainless manifolds,EQ pipes,Supersprint silenced cat back,18" GT multispokes,KW V3,Galfer 6pot 355mm,Brembo sport rear

147 1.6TS, Nerro,Beige Interior,Galfer Extreme Brake kit,2,0TS intake manifold,Custom ex. manifold,200CPI cat,Supersprint silenced center + OO backbox,GTA spoiler,GTA side skirts,GTA headlights,Blaupunkt LA MP74 + Focal + MacAudio + Dynamat + HERZ subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
gta , piston , question , rings

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page