Alfa 156 CF2--->CF1 NEED HELP ASAP! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 03-01-10 Thread Starter
Nio
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

AR156 V6

Alfa 156 CF2--->CF1 NEED HELP ASAP!

Hello, i have some thing like 9h until i go to garadge and take my engines appart and try my luck. I NEED QUICK HELP.
i have a 1.8 t.s 98 cf2 156.. i bought a engine from 146 96 2.0ti cf1 with 4 exhaust pipes..
so! main 2 questions. i only keep the head and the block from the 146, and there is only 1 wire, and it is different, it goes from the left passanger side of the engine, near the belts , and it has a blue connector on the end... its the same as the 156 , 3 sticks and so on, but my 156 has some thing like 2 bricks on the sides of it, so it could fit, the one from 146 is round , with no holes for them, so if i remove the bricks i cant really know if i placed the connector in the right position i mean up or down, so what should i do? cut both wires and hope for same colors? or try my luck? :S
and second question- they say the exhaust pulley and the sensor behind it is different in cf1, what if i dont change it at all, and leave it as it is, will it affect any thing?
does the wire with blue connector go from that sensor?
if yes, how is that senor changed? im just affraid to take off the belts from the cf1.
Thx for understanding.. i have only 9h for the answer.. hope some ones clears it for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside

Member car:

various Alfas

The wires you see are for the CAM PHASE SENSOR and you must change the sensors and the pulleys over.If you cut and connect the wires you will get a fault light coming on as the sensors are not compatible with the injection system.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
156 , alfa , asap , cf2>cf1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page