Motor Control System Failure???? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-10-09 Thread Starter

County: Gloucestershire
Motor Control System Failure????

Hi All - first post so I hope it makes sense!

Ok, I have a 156 2.0 JTS and over the last 18 months replaced 5 lambda sensors (whilst the car only has 4) last Monday the dreaded message above flashed up (accompanied by a torrent of bad language I will add), this again is displaying the symptoms of a lambda sensor failure - slight loss of power and an almost imperceptible uneven tick over.

As this is a manual car could this be a battery issue? I don't think it can be as it is 2 years old and rated for a diesel.

My concern is that the lambda sensor error is a smoke screen for a bigger issue - I just don't know what.

Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Perth and Kinross

Member car:

Jaaaaag

Was there any evidence of oil or other sh*t on the lambdas that were removed?

MSCF can be a fault with any of the sensors. Changing a lambda and resetting the fault might not be curing the actual problem...
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 18-10-09 Thread Starter

County: Gloucestershire
No evidence of rubbish on the sensors - you seem to be thinking along the same lines as me, this issue is not directly lambda related.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
control , failure , motor , system

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page