TS water temp guage wiring - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 29-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kent
Help TS water temp guage wiring

Does anyone know if there is an additional wiring diagram for a 1999 Phase two GTV ts, At the momet i have no temp guage reading and the red light just flickers on an off even when cold, when the car gets up to temprature and then gets hot the fans cut in and out as they should. I have tried a second set of guages and still the same, i have also fitted a new thermostat and a new sensor but still nothing so i reckon there must be a fault in the wiring, all the dvd discs seem to cover 1997 but don't have a diagram for the 1999 model HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 10 Old 18-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well just to keep everyone informed just in case someone else has this problem i have now solved the no reading on my temp guage, After doing my cambelts i automatically put a new waterpump in with temp sensor in to see if that cured the problem, but i did'nt. I checked the aux guages with my other car so i knew they worked, i then worked through the loom from the temp sensor back which was all ok, i then went to the next part of the loom that runs along the bulkhead, as i unwrapped the loom two broken wires poped out, so i unwrapped the loom a bit more until i found the other end of the broken wires. I have now stripped them solder joined them and put some heatshrink around them both and put the loom back together again and then re insulated it. I now have a working temp warning light and a temperature guage that reads normal now. don't you just love wiring!!
(Post Link) post #3 of 10 Old 01-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Just in case anyone gets the above problem on their car, i have now solved it, i managed to pic up an engine loom for £16.00 so i changed the loom in the engine bay and the problem was still the same so i started to unpick the loom by the bulkhead and there they were two broken wires which i stripped back soldered and heatshrunk. Problem now fully solved
AO Gold Member

Well done for not giving up, and updating the thread
(Post Link) post #5 of 10 Old 01-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Cheers Mitch it's always good if you can solve a problem like the one that i had, i don't really enjoy car electrics. How is your GTV going now the article you did was superb. I have got an odd tapping noise check out my thread is on the Alfa 147 / 156 it seems several people have the same prob. Any ideas and help are greatly received.
AO Gold Member

That is a strange one, I would have said lifters, but I see you have changed all yours. The engine flush was also a good idea. Bit stumped on this one. Might have to remove the cam cover to have a visual.
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 02-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

I rekon you are right i did the belts and i used a dial guage and cam locks but maybe i am 1 tooth out i have heard that they will run like so i reckon its engine cover off first and have a listen through a metal bar or screwdriver first.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
If your one whole tooth out its likely you will do valve damage...

Mitch did you measure the depth of a fully open valve from the bottom of the head to the bottom of the valve and the depth of the piston indentations (with piston at top full stroke) to the top edge of the block?
AO Gold Member

^^ No mate I didn't, what are you concerned about? I saw the pics of your crank trouble, what are you planning for the head?
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Sorry to highjack will start a new thread... head an valve measurments

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
guage , temp , water , wiring

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page