JTS 2.0 Lambda problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 24-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Surrey
JTS 2.0 Lambda problem

My GTV JTS has only been managing 25 miles to the gallon (and also getting a bit warm but I think that's a separate problem). Earlier in the week I took it to the dealer to get the problem diagnosed. Apparently the diagnostics system found there was no signal from pre-cat Lambda 1 (I've learnt all sorts of new words this week ). I've just bought a replacement sensor from Alfa (part number 0046811311) for £95 with the intention of spending 15 minutes fitting it before a nice drive, only to find that at some stage before I bought the car the wiring loom to both of the pre-cat sensors has been butchered . The loom side has had the plug cut off and the current 2 lambda sensors (both Alfa/Bosch originals) are connected (presumably soldered) to about 5 inches of new cable and part of the plastic connector on the lambda side has been hacked away to allow soldering to the pins. I'm now wondering if the sensor is actually ok and the problem is just down to the *******ised cables. I'm going to try and test the cable from the sensor to the ECU (I presume it goes straight to the ECU ?) Does anyone have a wiring digram that would show me the lambda cables through to the ECU connectors? I'd also like to know why the connectors might have been cut off? Are they known to be susceptible to heat etc? Does anyone know what they are called or where you can buy them as I'd rather not have to cut up my new Lambda sensor should I have to fit it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG3939.jpg (71.7 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by JetSetJim; 24-09-09 at 19:54.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Poor connections for the pre-Cat Lambdas on the 2.0JTS engines became a well known issue soon after its introduction in 2002.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 24-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for that, now you've said that I've found lots of threads about the connectors. I wonder if they were soldered in by an Alfa dealer? Everything down to changing the wiper blades had been done by an authorised dealer when I bought the car. I guess I just need to test the ECU socket to Lambda cables before I go hacking up my brand new sensor.
AO Platinum Member

It may well have been soldered by a main dealer.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 25-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well I've tested the cables and they are fine so It must be the actual sensor. I'd really rather buy a proper plug than hack the new sensor up though. They must be available somewhere.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
jts , lambda , problem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page