Newbie wants a GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 29-07-09 Thread Starter

Newbie wants a GT

Hi All,

currently driving something German, but like the look of a GT. I am thinking about the 1.9JTM. Any suggestions about years/models to go for. Any problems to be aware of.

How much does a timing belt/water pump replacement typically cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

GT 1.9 Q2 Lusso

what's your budget? the diesel is the way to go and you get good fuel economy - the Q2 170bhp cloverleaf edition is a good starting point from new. i found the sport seats variant has sufficient width from the side bolsters being at a wider angle, 'standard' / older models seem to have too tight a fit as the bolsters are at like 90 degrees (and i aint fat!) - have you test driven one?
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 29-07-09 Thread Starter

Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgie72 View Post
what's your budget? the diesel is the way to go and you get good fuel economy - the Q2 170bhp cloverleaf edition is a good starting point from new. i found the sport seats variant has sufficient width from the side bolsters being at a wider angle, 'standard' / older models seem to have too tight a fit as the bolsters are at like 90 degrees (and i aint fat!) - have you test driven one?
Thanks for that.

I should have said I'm looking for used with a budgetof £6-£7k. I do 25k miles a year so it ought to be diesel.
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

GT 1.9 Q2 Lusso

i get 50mpg's out of mine, was a 150bhp but had it remaped to the 170bhp output. i do similar mileage. only concern is you might be looking at an older model and you do need to be careful on reliability. look carefully and follow normal procedures for buying any car in that regard.
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
cambelt change inc water pump you're looking at about £400(ish) but only needs doing every 72k with the JTD (although I'd recommend 60k ... as that is what has been recommended to me) ... usual things to look out for brakes/tyres, suspension bushes no great shakes but they're going to cost a few hundred here or there (although being driving a german car you'll be used to expensive garage costs!!!) ...

the 1.9JTD GT is one of the few alfa's I'd recommend to friends/family
AO Member

County: Bucks

Member car:

GT DIEsel

Thats a low buget for a decent GT, you're going to be looking at ones with 70-80k on the clock I would suggest. Have you considered maybe a 156 Diesel instead?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page