hesitating 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Crazed hesitating 156

hey guys, i bought a 156 jts selespeed around 7 months ago and in that time ive gotten the actuator, gearbox, crankshaft and bearings replaced. i got my car back last week (after been in the garage for 7 weeks) and now the car seems to hesitate between 3000 and 4000 rpm, its like the car slows down a little until it gets above 4000 rpm then it flys along. would this b because of the bearings were replaced?

Any help is greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Re: hesitating 156

Unlikely, most likely to be the MAF (Air Flow Meter).

The normal way to test a MAF is to disconnect it and go for a run: if it performs better, then it's failing and needs to be replaced. The engine management light will be on when it's unhooked, but will go out when you plug it back in. Idling will be rough when disconnected as well. The MAF is mounted in the air intake pipe about half way between the filter and the throttle body, very near the right hand end of the engine cover as you look.

cheers, Gary

HIS: ex-1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray. 10th Sep 1998 to 12th Jan 2017

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
156 , hesitating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page