Engine numbers missing from block - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156, 147

Engine numbers missing from block

I need to order new bearings for my 2.0 TS but the engine numbers are missing. The donor car was also scrapped years ago and I don't know if I have any records of its registration plate. Is there a solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 3 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
Well the engine number of the new lump should have been added to the owners docs for the car by the DVLA..very unlikely that actually happened though. Not to be too negative....but there are only two reasons to remove the engine numbers from a block..and that's if it's an engine from a stolen car....or the donor was a class A write off...in which case the engine should have been destroyed.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156, 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Well the engine number of the new lump should have been added to the owners docs for the car by the DVLA..very unlikely that actually happened though. Not to be too negative....but there are only two reasons to remove the engine numbers from a block..and that's if it's an engine from a stolen car....or the donor was a class A write off...in which case the engine should have been destroyed.
Thank you for the information. On the positive side, it looks as though parts are simply divided on engine size and the CF1,2 and 3 categories so I may not need the engine number after all!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
block , engine , missing , numbers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page