V6 CF1/CF2/CF3 power differences - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-04-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
V6 CF1/CF2/CF3 power differences

Hello guys,

I'm actually trying to understand some things about our v6's. I previously got a CF1 GTV with a CF3 engine that was very very strong with a wide torque spread at all rpm. All the car was stock, from intake to map & exhaust. The benefit of being on a CF1 car is that the throttle body diameter was 80 mm. The previous owner, who did the engine swap, told me that the CF1 engine was not as strong (timing was OK).

Now i've got a CF2 engine with mods (squadra remap, 3.2 cams, 74,5 mm TB, ACT plenum, ELFP and decat) and it don't feel as torquey, except on the very end of the rev band (6k to 7.3k rpm). Is there any upgrade done to the CF3 engine to counterbalance new emissions regulations and the precat that would explain the big power gap when fitted in a CF1 engine and ECU ? I see that the pistons and head gaskets differs (or is it only the TS ?). Maybe the CF3 engine got more compression ? I know that only the cf2 cars got a DMF but does it make this much difference ?

Last edited by Betepaille; 15-04-19 at 19:31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Worcestershire
I can't answer the technical questions, but I can say that the difference between DMF and single mass flywheel is big. It's so much more willing to rev with the SMF, it really makes the engine 'zing', if you've had all the other mods done then it's well worth having the DMF to SMF conversion done, and an LSD (Q2 or Quaife) too, transforms the corner grip and how you can deploy the power.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 16-04-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
It's maybe the SMF effect indeed, + the throttle by cable which is very responsive. Of course, the timing is spot on onn my CF2 actually and the maf readings suggest a little more power than a OEM 3.2 V6. I will probably go for an AHM lightweight flywheel ASAP.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
cf1 or cf2 or cf3 , differences , power

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page