2.0 jts remap - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 2Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 17-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
2.0 jts remap

Hi all
Ive just bought a 2005.156 jts and was wondering about something

The car needs a bit of work done before i consider this but im still wondering about a future remap.

Ive always been of the opinion that turbo'ed cars are best suited to a remap and that in normally aspirated cars its a bit like flogging a dead horse.

Having read through a few threads though, people often speak of remapping 1.8ts and 2.0ts engines in a positive way so am i mistaken in my thinking regarding re-maps on NA engines?
Thanks
Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Bucks

Member car:

Brera SV 2.4JTDm

My opinion is that there is benefit in remapping N/A engines. While you don't make massive peak power gains you do generally make gains in power throughout the range and remove any dead spots in the rev range aswell. and there is always the benefit of fuel savings when driven sensibly as well.
sensingsys likes this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

From my own long-departed 2.0 JTS, I'd say its characteristics are fabulous, power and torque curves just right for enjoyable driving. No flat spots. A remap might give you extra power, but why would you do that to a very old engine known for being marginal on cylinder 3 temperature, and prone to overheating its plug, coil and head gasket?
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 21-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterzo View Post
From my own long-departed 2.0 JTS, I'd say its characteristics are fabulous, power and torque curves just right for enjoyable driving. No flat spots. A remap might give you extra power, but why would you do that to a very old engine known for being marginal on cylinder 3 temperature, and prone to overheating its plug, coil and head gasket?
A fair point, well made.
Youre probably right.
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 28-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

[[email protected];17421435]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterzo View Post
Plus...now that ive looked into it more thoroughly
I might get 10-12hp and maybe 15-20Nm extra for 300(which will be barely noticeable at +7%!)
Oooor, i could spend 375 all in and get a nice cat back stainless steel exhaust and and a nice air filter. Both of which may give me 5or6hp which will defo NOT be noticable, but will sound awesome!! 🤔
AO Silver Member

The JTS is not a fragile engine. A diagnostically recorded regularly increasing number of over-revs is testimony to that. Just look after it.

Have a look at Squadra Tuning to see how a remap may benefit but AFAIK, Stefan is the only one who relaxes the error code trigger points.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 29-04-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity View Post
The JTS is not a fragile engine. A diagnostically recorded regularly increasing number of over-revs is testimony to that. Just look after it.

Have a look at Squadra Tuning to see how a remap may benefit but AFAIK, Stefan is the only one who relaxes the error code trigger points.
As you say...not a fragile engine indeed. I know my recent rolling road figures were poor but prob well within what is expected from a eu3 engine. However, the torque figures were very good indeed and its covered 92k and is 14years old!
Judging by the state of some aspects of the car, its prob been looked after less well than it could have been, yet it still pulls strong and I would venture that if i had the guts, knowledge and the time to take it apart, clean the carbon and reassemble it, it would be superb once again.
Im looking after it as best i can now and its getting good oil, its not getting a kicking until its warm and itll hopefully keep going for 2-3 years more
Fruity likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
jts , remap

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page