JTDM2 Limp Mode & Leaking Vacuum Solenoid Help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-10-18 Thread Starter

County: England
JTDM2 Limp Mode & Leaking Vacuum Solenoid Help

Hi All!

The Mrs has a Giulietta 140 JTDM and it has started going into Limp mode - Zero boost but otherwise drives ok. No engine error codes raised as yet.

I can hear a hissing noise to the right of the engine while its running, near the vacuum pipes so i started diagnosing there... I pulled the pipe off the EGR Actuator (i think) and tried both pulling vacuum and positively charging the hose and neither worked - all the air was leaking out of a round cap on the Diverter Valve/Vacuum Solenoid which provides the vacuum (Part No: 55204916)

I presume this is the cause of the issue, but could anyone please confirm that this part SHOULDNT be leaking?

I recently had to fix a very similar issue, where a small vacuum blanking pipe on the same vacuum module (the one with 3 connectors) was split, causing the boost actuator to not work correctly. I cant find any other vacuum leaks in this circuit.

Edit: The bit its leaking out of is the circular part underneath the electrical on the right of this image:
https://cdn.pkwteile.de/thumb?id=8112939&lng=en

Many thanks!

Last edited by eddamoo; 28-10-18 at 17:00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Queensland

Member car:

Alfa 156

No, it should not be leaking. Replace it and it should solve your problems hopefully.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
jtdm2 , leaking , limp , mode , solenoid , vacuum

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page