1.4 boxer with 16v injectors - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-10-18 Thread Starter

County: -
1.4 boxer with 16v injectors

Hi,

one of my original injectors in my IMOLA failed and I curently don't have a spare one so I exchanged them with the ones from 16v boxer. [ yellow color ]
All 4 just to give it a try and didn't expect much. The engine now has a better throttle response and perfect idle. The power doesn't seems to decrease. Anyone know what happened? Can I leave the injectors there?

Thanks

Last edited by Crowman164; 14-10-18 at 14:25.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 4 Old 14-10-18 Thread Starter

Am I right that with those injectors a little more fuel gets into the chamber and burns the remaining oxygen and therefore I'm getting a slightly better performance?
AO Silver Member

Assuming the 16v injectors have a higher flow rate (they probably do), then in open loop mode (wide open throttle) it will be injecting more fuel. If this is too much more, the spark will drown and the engine will miss fire. But maybe it's only slightly more and still works? This will not really provide any more power and is just as likely to provide less power. For normal running, the lambda sensor should allow correction of the mixture so the ecu will reduce the injector duration to compensate for the higher flow rate.

Most likely any improvement you see is caused by replacing a faulty injector with a good one.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 22-10-18 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint_veloce View Post
Assuming the 16v injectors have a higher flow rate (they probably do), then in open loop mode (wide open throttle) it will be injecting more fuel. If this is too much more, the spark will drown and the engine will miss fire. But maybe it's only slightly more and still works? This will not really provide any more power and is just as likely to provide less power. For normal running, the lambda sensor should allow correction of the mixture so the ecu will reduce the injector duration to compensate for the higher flow rate.

Most likely any improvement you see is caused by replacing a faulty injector with a good one.
It still works with no misfire, idle is perfect and the response for the throttle is very fast. I had the previous injectors checked a year ago and they were ok it failed suddenly. I sent them for cleaning again. Maybe the one got clogged or something.

I had the sparks out and they look ok.. Definitelly not black as I would expect with engine running rich.

It looks like these injectors are a good match

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
16v , boxer , injectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page