1.9 jtdm 120hp injector problem. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-09-18 Thread Starter

County: -
1.9 jtdm 120hp injector problem.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I need some help with my Fiat Bravo 2.
The engine is 1.9 multijet 120hp 8 valve, also used in Alfa.
I bought the car 3 months ago, and since then it have a problem with cold stars. When I try to start it, after around six hours not being used, engine shakes a lot and tries to start but usually I have to crank it for around 10 seconds till finally start, or try to start two times. If I leave the ignition on for 15 seconds, and wait for the fuel pump relay to click, the car starts immediately.
I tought, that the glow plugs are gone, so I replaced them all, and nothing changed. I also noticed that there is white smoke coming from the exhaust after starting, and the engine doesen't run absolutely smooth when idle and there are some vibrations and shaking, which it's getting worse with the AC on.
I went to local Fiat/Alfa mechanic, he checked the injection correction values and told me that i have bad injectors. Cylinder 1 injection correction was around 2.8 (don't remember positive or negative) on idle and cylinder 4 injector had values around 2.5. Cylinders 2 and 3 were OK showing values arround 0.5. So the mechanic told me to replace cilynder 1 and 4 injectors. A found used injectors, from car that was working perfect and replaced injector number 4 and recoded it. The car was still hard to start when cold, and again there was white smoke and unburned diesel smell from the exhaust after starting but cylinder 4 injection correction was now around 0.5~0,7 on idle. Cylinder 1 injector was again showing values around 1.9~2.2 idling. After that I replaced cylinder 1 injector with injector from the same car that had been working and starting fine before disassembling, and again I have the same issue. Cold starts are very hard, and engine shakes a lot, and I feel uneven idle, when not fully warm.
I don't know what to do next, because now my injection correction values are all arround 0.5 on warm engine, but when cold cylinder 4 is giving me values around 3.2, after i start the car.

My current correction values are:

Cold engine, after hard starting in the morning
Cylinder 1 + 2.46
Cylinder 2 + 0,68
Cylinder 3 - 0,27
Cylinder 4 - 2,90

After driving for around five minutes, engine temperature around 45C
Cylinder 1 + 1,53
Cylinder 2 + 0,87
Cylinder 3 + 0,02
Cylinder 4 - 2,46

When driving in 5th gear around 1800~2000rpm. And temperature 80C.
Cylinder 1 - 1,99
Cylinder 2 + 0,27
Cylinder 3 + 1,98
Cylinder 4 - 0,29

And idling with engine completely warm:
Cylinder 1 - 0,290
Cylinder 2 - 0,620
Cylinder 3 + 0,930
Cylinder 4 + 0,01

Can you help me what to do next. Why correction values are so different when cold and when warm, again there are vibrations when idling with AC on, and immediately after starting and slowly revving the engine it shakes a lot. And there is also cloud of white smoke from the exhaust after start, smelling like unburned diesel.
Everibody tells me that everything is coming from bad injectors but I'm not sure anymore.
Do you thing that I shoud replace injectors 2 and 3 and injectors 1 and 4 are showing high values when cold trying to compensate for 2 and 3?
What to do and check next, I use alfaOBD, and multiecuscan.
Thank you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

I would be tempted to replace all 4 injectors and take it from there

At least you can then eliminate the injectors
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 26-09-18 Thread Starter

After three bottles of Bardahl Diesel injector cleaner the engine starts much better. But now there are more vibrations at idle and the correction values are negative for 1, 3 cylinders, and positive for 2 and 4. I read about changing places of injectors in order to reduce vinrations and shaking, so for which cylinders the corection flow should be positive, and for which negative.
Thanks a lot!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
120hp , injector , jtdm , problem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page