1.9JTD 16v blowing oil from the breather - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 30-01-18 Thread Starter

County: -
1.9JTD 16v blowing oil from the breather

I have a problem with 147 1.9 16v. The engine is blowing oil from the breather. This is happening mainly when driving in the city and when driving more aggressively when the oil/engine is not warm enough. In the moment the breather is disconnected from the turbo intake hose otherwise the oil is going in the intercooler and engine is burning it.

When driving on the highway even on full throttle for a long time there isn't any problems. I have changed the oil separator and the PCV with second hand but the problem continues.
Sometimes I could drive for 1000++km and there isn't a single drop of oil from the breather but sometimes for 50km it blows 200-300ml.

I've tried to separate the breather from the engine block and the one from the head into bottles. Many times the bottle connected to the head breather was filled with almost 500-600ml of oil for no more than 50km city driving. I think the head is overfilling with oil when the oil is cold but this is only an assumption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
16v , 19jtd , blowing , breather , oil

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page