Weird RPM sensor problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 08-08-17 Thread Starter

County: -
Weird RPM sensor problem

Hi to all I have a weird problem on my Crosswagon, 1.9 16v diesel engine.

I got the P0335 rpm sensor error and the engine turned off while driving on 90c, standard crank sensor symptom... changed the sensor (Facet), and after that occasionally I have the same MSCF light on dash and same P0335 error but not while driving, it happens when I crank the engine, just in the moment it started. While driving, I have no problem. The last 10 days error did not appear but this morning it started again. The battery is checked, it's good, the voltage is good, the capacitance, when cranking voltage drops to around 10.5-11V, charging is 14V.

Does anyone have any ideas? I do not want to change the sensor again if it's something else causing the problem since it's a huge job on CW, the front diff has to go down and a lot of other parts because it's all inaccessible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Spain
Battery looks like ok.

It could be crank dirt, wire connector (when cranking moves it) or sensor. You can try to delete error if it is present and disconnect battery 15min.

If issue continues I'd try to change sensor manufacturer.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 23-12-17 Thread Starter

County: -
I used to live with that, it happens very occasionally 1/30 cranks I would say. Delete it with Torque and forget . It's hard to change rpm sensor on CW because the locations is hard to reach, front diff must be removed so I'm waiting for the opportunity (like changing the clutch sometimes) to change the sensor and wiring again . Don't want to pay garage twice for the work of just changing the sensor .

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
problem , rpm , sensor , weird

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page