Uneven running - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 26-05-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

147 Collezione

Uneven running

Hi all, looking for a little help...156 JTS Veloce (2004)

A few weeks back I had been on a short journey, noticed the temperature suddenly rising past the 90 mark, so I pulled over immediately and switched off just as the warning light came on and the Infocenter displayed the "Engine Temp too high" warning. Popped the bonnet and noticed all the coolant had ****ed out from the base of the radiator...fair enough. Called the breakdown service and got taken home.

Replaced the radiator and coolant, and the cooling system is absolutely fine now...but, she sounds a little different, almost like she's running a little rough. Idle is a not quite right and there seems to be a light vibration now across the rev range, particularly noticeable at about 3000 rpm, which then reduces and comes back at just over 4000, and so on. Also sounds different, like an ever so slightly deeper note to the engine.

Being a JTS, I'm used to seeing the P0120 and P0130 MCSF fault codes every now and then. Now I'm suddenly getting the following:

P0130 - O2 sensor circuit (bank 1, sensor 1)
P0139 - O2 sensor circuit slow response (bank 1, sensor 2)
P0159 - O2 sensor circuit slow response (bank 2, sensor 2)
P1131 - Powertrain
P0100 and P0110 - Powertrain (mass or volume air flow circuit / intake air temp circuit) ---- after I disconnected the MAF to see if it made a difference, which it did).
P1172 - Powertrain
P1173 - Powertrain

These have appeared on 5 different occasions, sometimes together, in various combinations.

The car still pulls well, a code for the Coilpack appeared once (P0351) indicating Ignition Coil "A" primary / secondary circuit, so I replaced the coilpack with a known good spare and it hasn't reappeared and doesn't run any better or worse, so may have been a fluke.

Had it connected to Torque the other day, and strangely enough, I'm only reading voltage from Bank 2, sensor 1 lambda! The other 3 aren't showing anything...I'll have to get the laptop and MES connected to confirm before I start removing and testing them.

So, before I start ripping things apart, does anyone with REAL knowledge have any suggestions as to where best to start looking?

Thanks in advance guys.

Life's what you make it. If your life sucks, you suck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
running , uneven

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page