Spark plugs... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-03-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Spark plugs...

I've read a number of posts on this subject, and wanted to ask a couple of (simple) questions:

Does it matter that I mix and match plug manufacturers, though keeping the 14mm ones from the same manufacturer, and the 10mm the same too, though not necessarily the same brand as the 14mm ones...I'm talking about my 156 and 147 2 litre TS engines. The reason I ask is I'm buying 16 plugs in total, and can get the 14mm ones for less than $2.50...every little helps!

The other question was going to be about Brisk Performance Spark Plugs, but I think I know the answer - stick to the NGK Alfa plugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
I suppose it's an economy thing. Platinums last at least 60K miles (but mine were still OK after 70K). Cheaper plugs won't last as long so you factor in changing them more often.

I think Brisk is/was a US company so unlikely to have been made for or tested in the TS engine (except the really old one from the 75). Just make sure the reach is the same as the NGKs you don't want them contacting your nice piston crowns!
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 21-03-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Thanks, gazza82!

I've gone ahead and ordered the cheap, on offer, supposedly Alfa Romeo genuine 14mm plugs off Ebay, and the 10mm from Alfaworkshop...which I believe are iridium ones anyway

I was only interested in the so called performance plugs, as who wouldn't want more bhp and fuel economy...but I suspect when something sounds too good to be true...it's too good to be true!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
plugs , spark

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page