Berra 2.4 diesel - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 11-02-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Shropshire
Garage
Berra 2.4 diesel

Hi everyone,
I am an Alfa virgin and have just collected my 2.4 Brera, purchased for its looks and the fact you have to own one at least once in your life!
I do have a concern, when I collected the car (a late 2007 with only 56,000) it had been standing over a week and my initial impression was that the smoke produced was down to this fact?
I drove it home (around 60 miles) and my mate followed, he mentioned that the smoke disappeared after a while although it did smell of diesel when I booted it?
After parking up on the drive for around an hour or so, I started it up again only to find another cloud of smoke and to me it smelled a little oily?? The smoke is a gray/white in my opinion (not sure if it's a blue tinge, but how do you tell??)
I've seen in here about the EGR valve and possibly my thoughts are that the previous owner drove it gingerly and never gave it some beans so the EGR may be blocked - Would this cause the problem I am seeing?
It was only fully serviced 1000 miles back and had a cam belt kit fitted plus MOT with no concerns?
Any advice would be greatfuly received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
berra , diesel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page